Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It Is What It Is

The half marathon has gone and past and I did not run in it. In fact, I didn't even run in the 5k which I switched to. But it is never too late to start. And now that spring is here and school is out (although not for long) I feel a renewed motivation! My Plan: Run at least 3 times a week. Bike at least 2 times a week. Hike at least 1 a week. Do finishers after every run and bike ride. Pretty simple, yes? I think before I would get discouraged because I would miss a day and it felt like the whole week was messed up. This way if I miss a day, it doesn't matter as long as I fulfill the quota for the week. I think I will start out pretty easy, too. 1 mile is as far as I'll run for quite a while until I jump up to 2. My goal is to get to 10, but if I don't, it isn't a big deal. The main thing is to be healthy, to eat better, to gain endurance and to help myself feel better physically, mentally and emotionally!

4 comments:

  1. You can do it! And when I come home on weekends, I'll run/bike with you if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kiki. :) that would help a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all really great goals that are more true to how you think and what you need!
    I decided today that I wanted to keep up my little 1-ish mile runs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks. maybe we can run on the weekends that you're home? having two exercise buddies would really help!

    ReplyDelete